Announcing the 2016 Top 10 Health Promotion Professionals.
WELCOA will announce the #1 professional in the coming weeks. To learn more about the Top 10, check out the link below.
The Top Health Promotion Professional will win an all-expenses paid trip to the 2017 WELCOA National Summit in Omaha where s/he will be formally recognized.
The Top 10 will receive a full WELCOA membership for 1 year.
All Top Professionals will receive a certificate and be featured on WELCOA.org and Well Informed
Contestants must be 18 years or older.
Contestants must be currently creating, coordinating, and maintaining ongoing health promotion programs.
Contestants with the most votes will be chosen for the semifinals but votes will not guarantee Top Professionals Status.
DISH Terms and Conditions
The Wellness Council of America, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, the "Company"), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contest rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several web sites owned or not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating web sites at any time during a contest. For a list of participating web sites for each individual contest, please visit http://dish.welcoa.org. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
1. Prize(s). One (1) all expenses paid trip to the 2017 WELCOA Training Summit in Omaha, Nebraska, including airfare, lodging, and an all-access pass to the conference (up to a maximum of $2,000 including Summit and hotel fees). Winner will be required to book his or her own airfare and will be reimbursed by the Company. Lodging and all-access pass will be purchased by the Company and given to the winner. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed from the Company within thirty (30) days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest's official rules. Certain prizes are date-specific (i.e. concerts, trips, memberships) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner's prize, in its sole discretion. If any prize or portion of a prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war or terrorism, natural disasters, weather, or other factors beyond Company’s control, the Company may, in its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents. Contestants for all of the Company's contests must be at least 18 years old. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) prize per household for each Contest. Only one (1) prize per household from the Company within any thirty (30) day period for prizes worth under $100. Only one (1) prize per household from the Company within any one hundred eighty (180) day period for prizes worth over $100. If the contest involves Contestant participation by voting for a contest participant on the Company's website then the voting is limited to one (1) vote per person per entry per hour. If a contestant receives suspicious and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. Employees of the Company, the Contest's participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. Computer and Delivery Disclaimer. Contests require a computer to win and/or a computer is needed to participate in the Contest. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary computer equipment. Participants that disable cookies in their browser will not be allowed to participate unless they disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. The Company disclaims any and all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, web traffic interruptions, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company's control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims any and all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including, but not limited to: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, internet traffic congestion, [the Internet or at any website] or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be submitted online at http://dish.welcoa.org. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms is permitted.
4. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per person per entry per hour. If an entrant receives suspicious and/or irregular votes, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, video, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information and all other information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary, legal, or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas or material without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights, copyrights or other intellectual property rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the Company a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Company, the Contest sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official release and hold harmless form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated in the Contest is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Company and its personnel. Persons who violate any Contest rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Inappropriate, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Company, the Contest is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Company reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Contest. The Company’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions (“Rules”) shall not constitute a waiver of any provision.
11. Miscellaneous. This Contest may be void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning may depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company's release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the Company's website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. Your acceptance of these terms is implied by your participation in this Contest, and will be retained in our database for possible retrieval.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the State of Nebraska and of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests as required by the laws of the State of Nebraska
Looking for a specific entry?
2016 Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals
Renee C. Ballenger Southern Utah University Employee Engagement & Wellness Coordinator Years in the field of Employee Wellness: 5 Industry: Higher Education Organization Size: 750-1000 full...
3rd Healthiest Program/Company in America
In 2012 Pro Athlete, Inc., the leading E-Commerce Baseball Company, had vision of being at the forefront of a Wellness Program that actually saw results. Chris Hawkins was hired on as the Corpora...
A (HOLISTIC) BUSINESS CASE FOR WELLNESS, ONE COMPANY AT A TIME
A strategic thinker with 20+ years of experience in, and lifelong passion for health and well-being, I consult and design programs for employee well-being to corporate clients and organizations whi...
A Genius with 10,000 Geniuses
"The kiss of death is to think you are a genius with 10,000 helpers, instead, be the genius with 10,000 geniuses." Even though I classify myself more as a good ‘ol country girl over a genius any d...
A Public Health and Holistic Approach to Happy, Healthy Employees
Over the past 6 years, I have experienced a 360 degree view of corporate wellness through holding diverse positions in the field, providing different vantage points. Initially I was a Wellness Spec...
A Servants Heart Beats the Loudest
Verve, a credit union Wellness Director Financial 25 years 250
A Wellness State of Mind
I started at Group & Pension Administrators, Inc. (GPA) in 2012 as the Wellness Coordinator for the company. I serve as a Wellness Coordinator for other clients as well, but my role at GPA is much ...
Andie Rowe: Years of Experience + Commitment to Well-being = Seasoned and Effective Health Promotion Professional
American University Director, Employee Wellness & Work-Life Higher Education 25+ years 2500 employee
Behaviors Matter: From Workplace Education to Healthy Home Habits
Wellness became a major part of my life in 2001, when doctors diagnosed my father with type II diabetes. Initially, I helplessly watched him suffer with daily insulin injections to manage his condi...
Being the Conduit of Change- Encouraging Others to Live Their Best Life
Ayana Collins is a Wellness Consultant at EPIC Insurance Brokers, a benefits and property and casualty consulting company with close to 800 employees. She has over 12 years of experience in the he...
Big Reach = Big Impact!
My name is Jeff Butz and I am the Wellness Director for Fond du Lac Area Businesses on Health (FABOH), an employer-owned coalition comprised of employers with between 15 and 350 employees. FABOH e...
Born to Be Well!
I was born two years after my father founded the American Institute for Preventive Medicine. It may seem as though I was destined to work in wellness. As if my father being involved wasn’t enough...
Building Healthy Lifestyles - Celebrating 10 Years!
As a previous Top 100 Health Promotion Professional, I feel very fortunate to be included again with this amazing group of health professionals. I have now been in employee benefits and wellne...
Caregiver Health and Wellness Advocate
The global community is aging at an accelrated rate. By the year 2050, the number of elders in the world is expected to double. Aging in America has become a growing epidemic. This places more pre...
Common Sense Without the Fairy Dust
It Starts With Me Health CEO, founder, managing partner Industry type is Employee Health Promotion 21 years in the field, 26 in healthcare ISWM has 33 employees