Announcing the 2016 Top 10 Health Promotion Professionals.
WELCOA will announce the #1 professional in the coming weeks. To learn more about the Top 10, check out the link below.
The Top Health Promotion Professional will win an all-expenses paid trip to the 2017 WELCOA National Summit in Omaha where s/he will be formally recognized.
The Top 10 will receive a full WELCOA membership for 1 year.
All Top Professionals will receive a certificate and be featured on WELCOA.org and Well Informed
Contestants must be 18 years or older.
Contestants must be currently creating, coordinating, and maintaining ongoing health promotion programs.
Contestants with the most votes will be chosen for the semifinals but votes will not guarantee Top Professionals Status.
DISH Terms and Conditions
The Wellness Council of America, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, the "Company"), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contest rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several web sites owned or not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating web sites at any time during a contest. For a list of participating web sites for each individual contest, please visit http://dish.welcoa.org. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
1. Prize(s). One (1) all expenses paid trip to the 2017 WELCOA Training Summit in Omaha, Nebraska, including airfare, lodging, and an all-access pass to the conference (up to a maximum of $2,000 including Summit and hotel fees). Winner will be required to book his or her own airfare and will be reimbursed by the Company. Lodging and all-access pass will be purchased by the Company and given to the winner. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed from the Company within thirty (30) days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest's official rules. Certain prizes are date-specific (i.e. concerts, trips, memberships) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner's prize, in its sole discretion. If any prize or portion of a prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war or terrorism, natural disasters, weather, or other factors beyond Company’s control, the Company may, in its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents. Contestants for all of the Company's contests must be at least 18 years old. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) prize per household for each Contest. Only one (1) prize per household from the Company within any thirty (30) day period for prizes worth under $100. Only one (1) prize per household from the Company within any one hundred eighty (180) day period for prizes worth over $100. If the contest involves Contestant participation by voting for a contest participant on the Company's website then the voting is limited to one (1) vote per person per entry per hour. If a contestant receives suspicious and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. Employees of the Company, the Contest's participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. Computer and Delivery Disclaimer. Contests require a computer to win and/or a computer is needed to participate in the Contest. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary computer equipment. Participants that disable cookies in their browser will not be allowed to participate unless they disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. The Company disclaims any and all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, web traffic interruptions, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company's control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims any and all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including, but not limited to: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, internet traffic congestion, [the Internet or at any website] or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be submitted online at http://dish.welcoa.org. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms is permitted.
4. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per person per entry per hour. If an entrant receives suspicious and/or irregular votes, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, video, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information and all other information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary, legal, or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas or material without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights, copyrights or other intellectual property rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the Company a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Company, the Contest sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official release and hold harmless form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated in the Contest is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Company and its personnel. Persons who violate any Contest rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Inappropriate, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Company, the Contest is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Company reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Contest. The Company’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions (“Rules”) shall not constitute a waiver of any provision.
11. Miscellaneous. This Contest may be void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning may depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company's release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the Company's website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. Your acceptance of these terms is implied by your participation in this Contest, and will be retained in our database for possible retrieval.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the State of Nebraska and of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests as required by the laws of the State of Nebraska
Looking for a specific entry?
A Public Health and Holistic Approach to Happy, Healthy Employees
Over the past 6 years, I have experienced a 360 degree view of corporate wellness through holding diverse positions in the field, providing different vantage points. Initially I was a Wellness Spec...
INSPIRING TOTAL WELL-BEING BY CREATING OPPORTUNITIES & ENCOURAGING EMPLOYEES TO IMPROVE & MAINTAIN THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE
Working as a registered nurse, I have the opportunity to help improve the work/life balance of nearly 4,000 health system employees. Since taking the role of wellness coordinator for Freeman Health...
Lori is not just a nurse, but a health advocate.
Lori Hamilton, RN, C. is Director of Healthy Initiatives and the resident nurse for K-VA-T Food Stores Inc., parent company to the grocery store chain, Food City. With over 134 stores spanning regi...
If You Preach It, Practice It.
Carol joined Arthur J. Gallagher & Co in 2015 in the role of Regional Health Management/Wellbeing & Engagement Consultant. Arthur J. Gallagher is a global risk management consulting firm with over ...
Connecting the Dots and Making a Difference
My adventure in this field began over 15 years ago and in that time I have had a chance to observe, experience and learn a great deal through my own journey as well as those of the people around me...
Live Well, Work Well, Be Well....and have fun doing it!
In March 2016, the Y in Central Maryland created a Director of Healthy Living and Associate Well-being position. With over 3,000 associates spread across Baltimore City and 5 counties, the Y has e...
Wellness at AJG
Over the last 12 years I’ve worked in a variety of health based settings to include hospitals, chiropractic clinics, commercial & corporate fitness centers, and was even involved in a human physiol...
Creating Opportunities to Make Wellness Accessible
For Jeff Skelton, what started as a summer job selling gym memberships quickly became a lifelong passion for helping people achieve their health and wellness goals. Since 1998, Jeff has been workin...
Passionate Paradigm Pioneer
I am the Director of Employer Health and Wellness for Kaiser Permanente in the Colorado region. I have been a thought leader and influencer in the health promotion industry for nearly 20 years. M...
Twists and Turns and Lessons Learned
Of all the lessons I’ve learned in the last three years as the Communications and Health Promotion Leader for the Virginia Private Colleges Benefits Consortium, one of the most important is this – ...
How do I measure engagement? Let Amber count the ways...
Spire Labs is a health and wellness technology innovation company that helps people lead happier, healthier lives with products that are easy and enjoyable to use. Our mission is to to create life-...
Wellness Through Leadership and Example
Daniel Craig is the Tobacco Prevention Coordinator for Central Kansas Foundation, a non-profit substance abuse treatment center in Kansas with approximately 65 employees. For the last 10 years Dan...
LIVE. LAUGH. LOVE.
Wellness is not something we do to people, but rather something we do for people. We can get people to participate for an incentive, or we can empower them to be engaged in a cause. This type of en...
Moving Mountains in Montana
Whitney is a Senior Community Health Specialist and contractor for the Montana Cancer Control Program in beautiful Missoula, Montana. She has worked in the health field for more than 10 years and ...
Star Wars, Pokémon, Superheroes and Wellness
What do you get when you mix Star Wars, Pokémon, Superheroes and Wellness? Success and a whole lot of fun. Michelle Welch, RD, LMNT, is the District Wellness Facilitator for Lincoln Public Schools ...